Translation of cutting in Spanish:
- 1 countable 1.1 (from newspaper) (British English)Example sentences1.2 (from plant)
- Mixed with newspaper and magazine cuttings of photos and articles about the actress were real photos, taken by Brett or someone he knew, of Carla at various times in her life.
- The website has gathered together a wealth of archive material including photographs, recordings and newspaper cuttings from key strikes and campaigns.
- I show him his ‘girlfriends file’ from the archive, a selection of newspaper cuttings linking him to various women.
gajo (masculine) (River Plate area)
pie (masculine) (Colombia)
patilla (feminine) (Chile)Example sentences
- For the rosarian, this may occur during greenhouse propagation of rose cuttings.
- Horticulturists at the facility have repeatedly failed to propagate the plant by cuttings or grafts.
- Raise new plants from seeds or cuttings, and by layering, and provide support with trellises, pergolas and other structures.
- 2 countable (for road, railway) (British English)Example sentences
- These beautiful fish have been found in railway cuttings, brick pits and building sites across Sydney, particularly back in the days when excavations were done mostly by hand.
- Also in April, the French exploded mines under the German position held at Hill 60-in fact, a mound created from the rubbish cleared when a railway cutting was made.
- The money, which will be allocated over two years, will also provide viewpoints of canal cuttings and mooring points to encourage people on narrowboats to stop off in Hyndburn.
- 1 (before noun)(tool/blade)the cutting edge (lit: blade)
cortanteel filoat the cutting edge of technologya la vanguardia de la tecnologíaExample sentences
- Elsewhere in the city last Saturday, a double blade cutting machine and small drill were nicked from a van parked in Ballytruckle.
- On the scale of such things, a cutting blade doesn't seem any more intrusive into the body that a tattoo needle.
- He also had a cutting blade on the edge behind the tip to cut the hole, and the steel projection parallel with the spigot shaft was sharpened on its edge to smooth the cut hole as it penetrated the wood.
- 2 (cold)(wind)
- But, in spite of the bitter cold and the chill cutting wind, they turned their backs on me and stayed firmly in out of doors mode.
- When the cold cutting morning winds blow across his face, he remembers a time when he too rode a bicycle almost literally to his death.
- It was a sparky, hectic kind of game, divided as games in Fraher Field often are by a cutting wind blowing in from the bay.
- 3 (hurtful)(remark)
- However, viewers may not see her cutting comment as she also gave an alternative answer to allow producers to edit out the remark.
- He is to appear as a modern-day Narad, armed with gizmos to spew cutting comments.
- First came a cutting comment, then a testy response, and suddenly it was on: La battle royale.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.