Translation of cutting in Spanish:
- 1 countable/numerable 1.1 (from newspaper) (British English/inglés británico) recorte (masculine)Example sentences1.2 (from plant) esqueje (masculine), gajo (masculine) (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) , pie (masculine) (Colombia) , patilla (feminine) (Chile)
- Mixed with newspaper and magazine cuttings of photos and articles about the actress were real photos, taken by Brett or someone he knew, of Carla at various times in her life.
- The website has gathered together a wealth of archive material including photographs, recordings and newspaper cuttings from key strikes and campaigns.
- I show him his ‘girlfriends file’ from the archive, a selection of newspaper cuttings linking him to various women.
- For the rosarian, this may occur during greenhouse propagation of rose cuttings.
- Horticulturists at the facility have repeatedly failed to propagate the plant by cuttings or grafts.
- Raise new plants from seeds or cuttings, and by layering, and provide support with trellises, pergolas and other structures.
- 2 countable/numerable (for road, railway) (British English/inglés británico) zanja (feminine)Example sentences
- These beautiful fish have been found in railway cuttings, brick pits and building sites across Sydney, particularly back in the days when excavations were done mostly by hand.
- Also in April, the French exploded mines under the German position held at Hill 60-in fact, a mound created from the rubbish cleared when a railway cutting was made.
- The money, which will be allocated over two years, will also provide viewpoints of canal cuttings and mooring points to encourage people on narrowboats to stop off in Hyndburn.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the