Translation of cycle in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (process) ciclo (masculine) the menstrual/life cycle el ciclo menstrual/de la vida the trade o business cycle el ciclo económicoExample sentences1.2 (of washing machine) programa (masculine) 1.3 (of songs, poems, plays) ciclo (masculine)
- At the sub-femtosecond level, a laser pulse contains only a few cycles of the carrier electromagnetic wave.
- The quantum and classical Carnot engines therefore operate in the same way - a closed cycle of two isothermal and two adiabatic processes.
- Hydrogen must replace fossil fuels through efficient production using solar radiation, thermochemical cycles, or bioinspired catalysts to split water.
- Few established contemporary poets have shown the commitment or innovation displayed by Wearne in writing the long cycles of thematic poems.
- Reading the text as a short story cycle and not just a collection reveals Lahiri's careful balancing of a range of representations and her intricate use of pattern and motif.
- Akhmatova wrote a poem cycle called Cinque which was based on their evenings together.
- 2 [Electricity/Electricidad] [Computing/Informática] ciclo (masculine)Example sentences
- Grid software makes collections of computers more efficient by allowing them to share CPU cycles, memory and other resources so closely that they act almost like a single computer.
- The resources that are important from an active networking point of view include CPU cycles, main memory, and outgoing network bandwidth.
- These are typically scientific or technical and require a great number of computer processing cycles or access to large amounts of data.
- Different frequencies, measured in hertz, or cycles per second, indicate different levels and types of activities.
- The rate at which an object vibrates is measured in Hertz or cycles per second.
- Optical clocks, with frequencies measured near 10 cycles per second, promise greater accuracy.
- 3 (bicycle) bicicleta (feminine) cycle shed estacionamiento (masculine) or (Spain/España) aparcamiento (masculine) cubierto para bicicletas cycle shop tienda (feminine) de bicicletasExample sentences
- Race officials today announced they will be awarding two mountain cycles to volunteers aiding the effort in this year's race.
- The sheer number of people in attendance has reduced the road to barely the width of two cycles.
- Sidharth rides a cycle selling tea and coffee in bus and railway stations to make a living.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Mexican politics, a prospective party candidate for the presidency is called a tapado. Candidates traditionally emerge from within the party but their identity is not revealed until the candidate is officially declared: they remain tapados (hidden), thus arousing a great deal of speculation. Under the rule of the