- 1 1.1 (process) ciclo (masculine) the menstrual/life cycle el ciclo menstrual/de la vida the trade o business cycle el ciclo económicoMore example sentences1.2 (of washing machine) programa (masculine) 1.3 (of songs, poems, plays) ciclo (masculine)
More example sentences
- At the sub-femtosecond level, a laser pulse contains only a few cycles of the carrier electromagnetic wave.
- The quantum and classical Carnot engines therefore operate in the same way - a closed cycle of two isothermal and two adiabatic processes.
- Hydrogen must replace fossil fuels through efficient production using solar radiation, thermochemical cycles, or bioinspired catalysts to split water.
- Few established contemporary poets have shown the commitment or innovation displayed by Wearne in writing the long cycles of thematic poems.
- Reading the text as a short story cycle and not just a collection reveals Lahiri's careful balancing of a range of representations and her intricate use of pattern and motif.
- Akhmatova wrote a poem cycle called Cinque which was based on their evenings together.
- 2 [Electricity/Electricidad] [Computing/Informática] ciclo (masculine)More example sentences
More example sentences
- Grid software makes collections of computers more efficient by allowing them to share CPU cycles, memory and other resources so closely that they act almost like a single computer.
- The resources that are important from an active networking point of view include CPU cycles, main memory, and outgoing network bandwidth.
- These are typically scientific or technical and require a great number of computer processing cycles or access to large amounts of data.
- Different frequencies, measured in hertz, or cycles per second, indicate different levels and types of activities.
- The rate at which an object vibrates is measured in Hertz or cycles per second.
- Optical clocks, with frequencies measured near 10 cycles per second, promise greater accuracy.
- 3 (bicycle) bicicleta (feminine) cycle shed estacionamiento (masculine) or (Spain/España) aparcamiento (masculine) cubierto para bicicletas cycle shop tienda (feminine) de bicicletasMore example sentences
- Race officials today announced they will be awarding two mountain cycles to volunteers aiding the effort in this year's race.
- The sheer number of people in attendance has reduced the road to barely the width of two cycles.
- Sidharth rides a cycle selling tea and coffee in bus and railway stations to make a living.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Central America and Mexico, the word 'botana' means a small portion of food, olives, peanuts etc, usually served with a drink at parties, bars, or social occasions.