- 1.1 (storm) ciclón (masculine)More example sentences1.2 (low-pressure area) zona (feminine) de bajas presiones
More example sentences
- Already we are witnessing numerous irregularities and disturbances in the climatic system - heat waves, floods, squalls, storms, cyclones and thunderstorms.
- Hurricanes and other cyclones that form in the tropics during summer and fall are very different from the extratropical storms that often form during winter even though both can produce very strong winds and flooding rain.
- Due to the intensive rainfall and high temperatures, disastrous weather such as thunder storms and cyclones are likely to occur.
- Visitors were told how weather data which flow in continuously from around 500 weather stations all over the country are analysed, plotted on maps and then low pressure zones determined to forecast depressions and cyclones.
- Japhet hit northern Mozambique last week and is the second cyclone to devastate the southern African country this year.
- He believes climate change is also increasing the severity of cyclones and hurricanes, which are now appearing in areas never seen before, and outside their normal weather pattern.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
The Lotería Nacional is a Spanish state-run lottery founded in 1812. There is an