La movida madrileña is an expression referring to the Madrid social and cultural scene of the late 1970s and early 1980s, and the people involved in it. It was a youth phenomenon based around night spots in the city, such as the now defunct club Rock-Ola. One of the leading lights of the movida was the movie director Pedro Almodóvar.
- 1.1 c (person) checo, -ca (m,f)More example sentences1.2 u (language) checo (m)
More example sentences
- The Czechs, Hungarians and the citizens from other East European states have a similar history.
- Other numerically significant ethnic groups of Austria include Slovenes, Croats, and Czechs.
- The Dutch will go through with victory against Latvia only if the Germans do not beat the Czechs.
- The whole family speak three languages - Czech, German and English.
- Reprinted five times in the 1920s, the book was translated into French, Czech, and other languages.
- The station was heaving with hundreds of other festivalgoers, speaking every European language from English to Czech.