Translation of dabble in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- we dabbled our hands/feet in the river chapoteamos en el ríoExample sentences
- Clair and Misha dabble their feet in the swimming pool, pondering last night's debate.
- She dabbled her toes in the reflective water below, as he came and sat down beside her.
- I was too tired to eat properly, but we made the best of it and finished off with a walk along the beach, where I dabbled my digits in the warm waters of the Pacific.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- to dabble
insth to dabble in politics/journalism tener* escarceos con la política/el periodismo to dabble on the stock exchange jugar* a la bolsaExample sentences
- Looking back over the many extracurricular activities that our children have dabbled in at different stages, nothing has enriched their lives more than music.
- Those who offer self-publishing services to authors who would otherwise remain unknown are naturally keen to point out that many writers who are now household names have at one time or another dabbled in self-publishing.
- It's astounding that, at 24 years of age, the stand-up comic has already dabbled in more professions than most people attempt in a lifetime.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.