noun/nombre (plural -does or (British English/inglés británico) , -dos)
- (of wall) friso (masculine); (of pedestal) dado (masculine)More example sentences
More example sentences
- Wallcovering which covers the lower part of the wall, or dado, and ending at the chair rail height.
- This technique is best used on doors, paneling, dados, baseboards and also as a subtle wall finish.
- The room had dark wood panelling, cream paint above the dado, a muted silver ceiling, and comfortably padded brown leather chairs.
- We are therefore reminded of a pedestal of which the base, dado and cornice were alike, wholly clad in bronze.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Central America and Mexico, the word 'botana' means a small portion of food, olives, peanuts etc, usually served with a drink at parties, bars, or social occasions.