noun/nombre (plural -does or (British English/inglés británico) , -dos)
- (of wall) friso (masculine); (of pedestal) dado (masculine)More example sentences
More example sentences
- Wallcovering which covers the lower part of the wall, or dado, and ending at the chair rail height.
- This technique is best used on doors, paneling, dados, baseboards and also as a subtle wall finish.
- The room had dark wood panelling, cream paint above the dado, a muted silver ceiling, and comfortably padded brown leather chairs.
- We are therefore reminded of a pedestal of which the base, dado and cornice were alike, wholly clad in bronze.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.