Translation of dado in Spanish:
noun plural -does or (British English) -dos
- (of wall)(of pedestal)Example sentences
- Wallcovering which covers the lower part of the wall, or dado, and ending at the chair rail height.
- This technique is best used on doors, paneling, dados, baseboards and also as a subtle wall finish.
- The room had dark wood panelling, cream paint above the dado, a muted silver ceiling, and comfortably padded brown leather chairs.
- We are therefore reminded of a pedestal of which the base, dado and cornice were alike, wholly clad in bronze.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.