Translation of daisy in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -sies)
- 1.1 (wild) margarita (feminine) de los prados, maya (feminine) as fresh as a daisy tan fresco como una lechuga to be pushing up (the) daisies [colloquial/familiar] [humorous/humorístico] estar* criando malvasExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (cultivated) margarita (feminine)
- Yellow tulips and white daisies filled that patch, and different kinds of flowers surrounded the rest of the house.
- I gave a gasp as Justin came over with a bouquet of yellow and white daisies and a huge smile on his face.
- These two plants flower at the same time to give a display of tiny white and large yellow daisies for weeks at the end of the summer.
- The parks department created displays of autumn flowers, including chrysanthemums, Michaelmas daisies, and geraniums.
- This side is more like a meadow, dominated by longer grasses and a host of ox-eye daisies.
- This Shasta daisy, with its double blooms, is truly unique and fun with its fluffy look.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Venezuela, pasapalo is small portions of food that are usually served with drinks at parties, bars, and social get-togethers.