Translation of daisy in Spanish:
noun plural -sies
- 1.1 (wild)as fresh as a daisymargarita (feminine) de los pradosto be pushing up (the) daisies [colloquial] [humorous]tan fresco como una lechugaExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (cultivated)
- Yellow tulips and white daisies filled that patch, and different kinds of flowers surrounded the rest of the house.
- I gave a gasp as Justin came over with a bouquet of yellow and white daisies and a huge smile on his face.
- These two plants flower at the same time to give a display of tiny white and large yellow daisies for weeks at the end of the summer.
- The parks department created displays of autumn flowers, including chrysanthemums, Michaelmas daisies, and geraniums.
- This side is more like a meadow, dominated by longer grasses and a host of ox-eye daisies.
- This Shasta daisy, with its double blooms, is truly unique and fun with its fluffy look.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to