Translation of damp in Spanish:
adjective -er, -est
- (air/clothing/house)there are damp patches on the ceilingthe house smells damphay manchas de humedad en el techola casa huele a humedadExample sentences
- With her back on the slightly damp grass, Selina watched the scattered clouds float by.
- An hour later, the slightly damp crew boarded the buses for the final leg home.
- Her hair was slightly damp from the long hours of tears and her tired, blue eyes were puffy.
- 1 1.1 (check)(vibration)1.2(fire)Example sentences1.3
- Fire crews stayed until nearly 5am damping the building down.
- Although I wasn't on duty for the fire, I was there in the evening damping it down.
- He said it took the two crews ten minutes to fight the fire with foam and ten minutes to damp the car down with water.
- Asian multilateralism will be critical not just for coordinating the region's booming economies, but also for damping down the nationalist passions lurking beneath the surface of every Asian country.
- Polley is unshowy and controlled in the star part, damping down her intelligence, beauty and almost all of her emotion for the role.
- Sometimes you have to go through several oscillations before you can damp out the yaw.
- If the oscillations are not damped out, they could break the fragile lines of other suspended weights and become amplified.
- A little while ago he sent me a proposed solution by email, a method of moving the cup while you walk that should serve to damp the oscillations.
- 2 (moisten)Example sentences
- When they were dry they were damped and rolled for the dampness to spread evenly before they were ironed with an iron heated and reheated on the stove.
- The tooling was done by damping the surface of the tanned leather and pressing or sometimes stamping the design in with a fairly sharp metal, bone or wooden tool.
- Alternatively, damp a cloth with kerosene oil and carefully wipe the insects off with it.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to