Translation of dampen in Spanish:
- 1 (moisten)Example sentences
- Anyway, leaving aside the benefit of a cat you can talk at, it wasn't long before the first misty wave of light rain swept across, dampening the pavement and making the grass think it was holiday time at last.
- Little rivulets of wetness ran down my flesh onto the dirty blanket dampening it.
- I turned on the water faucet in the tub slightly and dampened the washcloth.
- 2 (discourage)(hopes)
hacer perder(enthusiasm)to dampen somebody's spirits
apagardesanimar or desmoralizar or desalentar a alguienExample sentences
- The strong demand was not dampened by the fact that the Walshestown Abbey development is the most expensive residential development yet in the town.
- In an effort to dampen down suggestions that Straw had been utterly humiliated, his closest allies insisted yesterday that he had been making it known for some time that he was ready for a switch from the Foreign Office.
- It is possible they could dampen down the rocketing prices of real estate.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.