Translation of damper in Spanish:
- 1.1 (of piano) sordina (feminine) to put a damper on sth [colloquial/familiar] the bad news put a damper on the celebrations/their hopes la mala noticia estropeó las fiestas/ les hizo perder esperanzas if he turns up, it'll put a damper on the entire evening si aparece, nos amargará la noche or nos va a aguar la fiestaExample sentences1.2 (of chimney) regulador (masculine) de tiro
- The basic notes of Philip Glass's music are very few and usually surrounded by a haze of the overtones created by the damper pedal of the piano.
- When a pianist actually looks at the damper action while pedaling, or watches the hammers strike the string for only a split second, her body will shift to a more kinesthetic, intuitive and efficient mode.
- During performance, most students will need to stand while depressing the damper pedal to access the interior of the piano.
- Airflow into the base of the flue and out of the top is regulated by dampers controlled by the building management system, which also controls airflow from the building into the flue.
- They also should have electrically operated dampers to limit and control the amount of outside air entering the return side of the air handler.
- Check the seal on the flue damper and make it as snug as possible.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to