Translation of damson in Spanish:
- 1.1 (fruit) ciruela (feminine) damascenaExample sentences1.2 (tree) ciruelo (masculine) damasceno
- European-type plums include the prunes and damsons: ‘Italian’ and ‘Stanley’ are two of the most famous.
- Michaelmas had come, with its fragrant basketfuls of purple damsons, and its paler purple daisies’.
- Dense damson and winter berry fruits make this an ideal food accompaniment.
- The reserve contains the remains of an apple and damson orchard.
- Whilst ornamental cherries produce no edible crop, the blossom of apples, pears, plums and damsons is usually followed by fruit worth harvesting.
- Britain took a more prominent role than other European countries in developing the cultivation of improved kinds of damson.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The 'Audiencia Nacional' is the Spanish high court for crimes affecting the national interest, e.g. drug trafficking, large-scale fraud and certain crimes committed abroad.