Translation of danger in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable/no numerable peligro (masculine) danger peligro there's no danger of that no hay peligro de que eso suceda there's no danger of him offering to pay [ironic] no hay ningún peligro de que se ofrezca a pagar [irónico] her life was in danger su vida estaba en peligro or en riesgo the doctor said he was out of danger el médico dijo que estaba fuera de peligro to be in danger of
-ingcorrer peligro or riesgo de + infinitive/infinitivohe's in danger of losing it all corre peligro or riesgo de perderlo todo (before noun/delante del nombre) danger point punto (masculine) de peligro, momento (masculine) de peligro danger spot lugar (masculine) de peligro danger zone zona (feminine) de peligro to be on the danger list encontrarse* en estado grave to be off the danger list estar* fuera de peligroExample sentences1.2 countable/numerable (hazard) peligro (masculine) the dangers of life at sea los peligros de la vida en el mar danger
- If freedom of choice is in danger for some ethnic groups, it is in danger for all.
- But thankfully no-one was hurt, none of the other properties were in danger, and all is well.
- We continually stressed that we were leaving so we would be safe and that we were not in danger.
tosb/sth peligro paraalgn/algoExample sentences
- The dangers of harm to civilians are much greater in the case of action against a state.
- He warned children of the dangers of smoking, poor diet and a lack of exercise.
- It was a good way to get the message out to people worldwide about the dangers of smoking.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.