Translation of danger in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable danger there's no danger of thatno hay peligro de que eso sucedathere's no danger of him offering to pay [ironic]no hay ningún peligro de que se ofrezca a pagar [ironic]her life was in dangersu vida estaba en peligro or en riesgothe doctor said he was out of dangerel médico dijo que estaba fuera de peligroto be in danger of
-ingcorrer peligro or riesgo de +he's in danger of losing it all infinitivecorre peligro or riesgo de perderlo todo(before noun) danger pointpunto (masculine) de peligrodanger spot
momento (masculine) de peligrolugar (masculine) de peligrodanger zone to be on the danger listencontrarse en estado graveto be off the danger listestar fuera de peligroExample sentences
- If freedom of choice is in danger for some ethnic groups, it is in danger for all.
- But thankfully no-one was hurt, none of the other properties were in danger, and all is well.
- We continually stressed that we were leaving so we would be safe and that we were not in danger.
- 2 countable (hazard) the dangers of life at sealos peligros de la vida en el mardanger
tosomebody/somethingpeligro paraalguien/algoExample sentences
- The dangers of harm to civilians are much greater in the case of action against a state.
- He warned children of the dangers of smoking, poor diet and a lack of exercise.
- It was a good way to get the message out to people worldwide about the dangers of smoking.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.