- 1.1 (of night, room) oscuridad (f) the building was in complete o total darkness el edificio estaba totalmente a oscuras in the darkness en la oscuridad or lo oscuro when darkness falls al caer la nocheMore example sentences
More example sentences1.2 (evil) tinieblas (fpl) the powers of darkness los poderes del mal
- It tries to avoid both strong light and total darkness.
- The bottomless pit is the earth in total darkness with no light from the sun, every island destroyed, the earth's surface broken up.
- They were flown in total darkness without lights and reference points.
More example sentences
- The three-day Leeds Festival kicked off with some of the world's loudest bands - but no serious trouble before darkness fell last night.
- Police called off co-ordinated searches for the men last night as darkness fell.
- As darkness fell the following night, the same operation was repeated, netting an additional 84 arrests.
- This awakening symbolises the triumph of good, winning against the evil forces of darkness that are represented by the winter.
- And we hold you up in pride as our symbol in the fight of Good against the forces of darkness and evil.
- It scared her the way she would crave that darkness, the wickedness, the evil forces.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Santería is a religious cult, fusing African beliefs and Catholicism, which developed among African Yoruba slaves in Cuba. Followers believe both in a single supreme being and also in orishas, deities who each share an identity with a Christian saint and who combine a force of nature with human characteristics. Rituals involve music, dancing, sacrificial offerings, divination, and going into trances.