Translation of darkness in Spanish:
- 1.1 (of night, room) oscuridad (feminine) the building was in complete o total darkness el edificio estaba totalmente a oscuras in the darkness en la oscuridad or lo oscuro when darkness falls al caer la nocheExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (evil) tinieblas (feminine plural) the powers of darkness los poderes del mal
- It tries to avoid both strong light and total darkness.
- The bottomless pit is the earth in total darkness with no light from the sun, every island destroyed, the earth's surface broken up.
- They were flown in total darkness without lights and reference points.
- The three-day Leeds Festival kicked off with some of the world's loudest bands - but no serious trouble before darkness fell last night.
- Police called off co-ordinated searches for the men last night as darkness fell.
- As darkness fell the following night, the same operation was repeated, netting an additional 84 arrests.
- This awakening symbolises the triumph of good, winning against the evil forces of darkness that are represented by the winter.
- And we hold you up in pride as our symbol in the fight of Good against the forces of darkness and evil.
- It scared her the way she would crave that darkness, the wickedness, the evil forces.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to