Translation of darning in Spanish:
- 1.1 (action) zurcido (masculine); (before noun/delante del nombre) [needle/thread] de zurcirExample sentences1.2 (things to be darned) ropa (feminine) para zurcir
- The tone of his voice, somehow both troubled and amused, brought Francesca's head up from her darning and she stared at him, her cheeks colouring. ‘I was concentrating on my work, that's all.’
- In addition to darning and plain sewing, she provided instruction in fancy needlework, tambouring, and embroidery in silk and worsted.
- She was sitting in the overstuffed leather armchair, concentrating on her darning, but painfully aware of the man who was sitting in a similar chair no more than three feet away from her.
- Gideon could see the places where the silver was wearing off the cane and he noticed a good deal of clumsy darning on the inside of the cloak, as though the lining had come away from the backing several times.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a school that is privately owned but receives a government grant is called a colegio concertado. Parents pay monthly fees, but not as much as in a