Translation of darning in Spanish:
- 1.1 (action)(before noun) (needle/thread)de zurcirExample sentences1.2 (things to be darned)
ropa (feminine) para zurcirExample sentences
- The tone of his voice, somehow both troubled and amused, brought Francesca's head up from her darning and she stared at him, her cheeks colouring. ‘I was concentrating on my work, that's all.’
- In addition to darning and plain sewing, she provided instruction in fancy needlework, tambouring, and embroidery in silk and worsted.
- She was sitting in the overstuffed leather armchair, concentrating on her darning, but painfully aware of the man who was sitting in a similar chair no more than three feet away from her.
- Gideon could see the places where the silver was wearing off the cane and he noticed a good deal of clumsy darning on the inside of the cloak, as though the lining had come away from the backing several times.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.