Translation of dead end in Spanish:
- 1 (street) callejón (masculine) sin salidaExample sentences
- I drove down the road to an empty dead-end street with brush and overgrowth all over the place, not a building in sight.
- Holly went to drop her bags off at her house, which was all the way at the end of our dead-end street, and I went up to my room.
- Most Thorndon side roads are dead ends, narrower than varicose veins and have a topography that even a goat would baulk at.
- 2 (situation) callejón (masculine) sin salida to come to o reach a dead end llegar* a un callejón sin salida or a un impasseExample sentences
- This longing usually takes over when they feel constrained or trapped in a situation such as a dead-end job, an unhappy marriage, or have settled into a routine that hints of boredom.
- Desperation is the key factor; each character wants to break out of their dead-end situation, but in the end they always opt to hold on.
- Slacker Jeff (played with an enviable edge by Chris Fassbender) is slowly going mad in a dead-end job and can't be bothered to attend more than one class at a local community college.
- 1 (without exit) [street/road] sin salida, ciego (Andes) (Venezuela)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the