Translation of dead end in Spanish:
- 1 (street)Example sentences
- I drove down the road to an empty dead-end street with brush and overgrowth all over the place, not a building in sight.
- Holly went to drop her bags off at her house, which was all the way at the end of our dead-end street, and I went up to my room.
- Most Thorndon side roads are dead ends, narrower than varicose veins and have a topography that even a goat would baulk at.
- 2 (situation) to come to or reach a dead endllegar a un callejón sin salida or a un impasseExample sentences
- This longing usually takes over when they feel constrained or trapped in a situation such as a dead-end job, an unhappy marriage, or have settled into a routine that hints of boredom.
- Desperation is the key factor; each character wants to break out of their dead-end situation, but in the end they always opt to hold on.
- Slacker Jeff (played with an enviable edge by Chris Fassbender) is slowly going mad in a dead-end job and can't be bothered to attend more than one class at a local community college.
also: dead-end adjective
- 1 (without exit)(street/road)
ciego (Andes) (Venezuela)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.