Translation of deaf in Spanish:
- 1 to be deaf in one ear(temporarily) estar sordo de un oído(permanently) ser sordo de un oídoto go deafquedarse sordohe's deaf and dumbes sordomudo (puede resultar offensive)Example sentences
- Thorn Park School is a day special school for deaf and partially hearing children from two to sixteen years of age.
- Budgie is a hearing dog for the deaf and was brought in for assembly by his owner Tracy Lewis, who lives in the town.
- If you're talking to a deaf person and a hearing person, don't just focus on the hearing person.
- 2 (unwilling to hear)to be deaf
tosomethinghacer oídos sordoshe was deaf to her pleas/protests aalgohizo oídos sordos a sus ruegos/protestasExample sentences
- As I said last weekend, it's easy to become deaf to the sirens in Hackney.
- It may be that I've been deaf to the roar of protest that has met this authoritarian and intrusive measure.
- You appear to excel at giving orders but are deaf to the needs of your employees.
- the deaflas personas con sorderathe deaf and dumb
los sordos (puede resultar offensive)los sordomudos (puede resultar offensive)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.