Translation of deaf in Spanish:
- 1 to be deaf in one ear(temporarily) estar sordo de un oído(permanently) ser sordo de un oídoto go deafquedarse sordohe's deaf and dumbes sordomudo [often offensive]Example sentences
- Thorn Park School is a day special school for deaf and partially hearing children from two to sixteen years of age.
- Budgie is a hearing dog for the deaf and was brought in for assembly by his owner Tracy Lewis, who lives in the town.
- If you're talking to a deaf person and a hearing person, don't just focus on the hearing person.
- 2 (unwilling to hear)to be deaf
tosomethinghacer oídos sordoshe was deaf to her pleas/protests aalgohizo oídos sordos a sus ruegos/protestasExample sentences
- As I said last weekend, it's easy to become deaf to the sirens in Hackney.
- It may be that I've been deaf to the roar of protest that has met this authoritarian and intrusive measure.
- You appear to excel at giving orders but are deaf to the needs of your employees.
- the deaflas personas con sorderathe deaf and dumb
los sordos [often offensive]los sordomudos [often offensive]
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.