Translation of death cell in Spanish:
- celda (feminine) de la muerte
celda (feminine) de los condenados a muerteExample sentences
- Everyone is familiar with Cruikshank's great illustration of the prisoner in his death cell, ‘the night before he was stretched’.
- The Bentley family's doomed struggle for a reprieve is powerfully reconstructed, as are Bentley's last days in his death cell.
- In the Atkins trial, Scalia noted, the jury had been given testimony on the murderer's mental capacity but had regarded it as insufficient in detaining the defendant from the death cell.
Definition of death cell in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.