Translation of debate in Spanish:
- 1 countable (public, parliamentary) the nuclear debatela cuestión de la energía nuclearExample sentences
- Watt committed himself to holding more public debates and discussions separate from council meetings.
- In those circumstances the House does not need to hold an urgent debate on the matter today.
- Not one public meeting or debate has been organised by the council.
- The debate on this subject will go on as long as the human race exists, so all I can do is raise a few points on the subject.
- This aspect of the debate has been the subject of much political and academic disagreement.
- I wouldn't normally involve myself in debates or arguments about who should be American president.
- 1Example sentences
- The issue of the bridge came up again, for the second month in a row, and again the topic was hotly debated.
- But when it came to the price of salt, the commissioners spent many hours debating the subject.
- Further rioting followed and the subject was debated in the Reichstag.
- I can see she is debating whether or not to tell me the truth.
- Sandra paused for a moment and debated in her mind as to whether she should go or not.
- Christine looked at Jacquin, she was debating in her mind if she should talk to him or not.
- 2 (weigh up, consider)(idea/possibility)I debated in my mind whether to accept or not
darle vueltas a
considerarestuve deliberando si aceptar o nothey're still debating who to sendtodavía están tratando de decidir a quién van a enviar
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.