Translation of debate in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable (public, parliamentary) the nuclear debatela cuestión de la energía nuclearExample sentences1.2 uncountable (discussion) the topic under debate was immigration
el tema del debate or que se debatió fue la inmigraciónExample sentences
- The debate on this subject will go on as long as the human race exists, so all I can do is raise a few points on the subject.
- This aspect of the debate has been the subject of much political and academic disagreement.
- I wouldn't normally involve myself in debates or arguments about who should be American president.
- Watt committed himself to holding more public debates and discussions separate from council meetings.
- In those circumstances the House does not need to hold an urgent debate on the matter today.
- Not one public meeting or debate has been organised by the council.
- 1.1 1.2 (weigh up, consider)(idea/possibility)I debated in my mind whether to accept or not
darle vueltas a
considerarestuve deliberando si aceptar o nothey're still debating who to sendtodavía están tratando de decidir a quién van a enviarExample sentences
- I can see she is debating whether or not to tell me the truth.
- Sandra paused for a moment and debated in her mind as to whether she should go or not.
- Christine looked at Jacquin, she was debating in her mind if she should talk to him or not.
- The issue of the bridge came up again, for the second month in a row, and again the topic was hotly debated.
- But when it came to the price of salt, the commissioners spent many hours debating the subject.
- Further rioting followed and the subject was debated in the Reichstag.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.