Translation of debate in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable/numerable (public, parliamentary) debate (masculine) the nuclear debate la cuestión de la energía nuclearExample sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (discussion) debate (masculine), discusión (feminine) the topic under debate was immigration el tema del debate or que se debatió fue la inmigración
- The debate on this subject will go on as long as the human race exists, so all I can do is raise a few points on the subject.
- This aspect of the debate has been the subject of much political and academic disagreement.
- I wouldn't normally involve myself in debates or arguments about who should be American president.
- Watt committed himself to holding more public debates and discussions separate from council meetings.
- In those circumstances the House does not need to hold an urgent debate on the matter today.
- Not one public meeting or debate has been organised by the council.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.