Translation of debauch in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- [literary/literario] pervertir*, corromperExample sentences
- Is it ethical to do so, is it moral to debauch one's artistic integrity at the altar of Oscar greed?
- Lenin is said to have said the best way to destroy the Capitalist System was to debauch the currency.
- This administration has debauched our once independent civil service. It has also plundered our pension funds, condemning millions to meagre pickings in their retirement.
- This is why men who weary their imagination in books are less suitable for procreative functions; while those who dissipate their spirits in debauching women cannot apply themselves to serious study.
- Apparently the Count debauches his own mother before turning paedophile.
- When the Scots diarist James Boswell travelled to Corsica in 1765, he was warned he would be killed instantly if he so much as attempted ‘to debauch any of their women’.
- [literary/literario] orgía (feminine)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.