Translation of deceive in Spanish:
- he was deceived by her storyse dejó engañar por lo que le contóI thought he loved me, but I was deceivedcreía que me quería pero estaba engañadato deceive somebody
into -ingengañar a alguienshe was deceived into handing over the money para que+ subjunctivela engañaron para que entregara el dinerothey deceived him into believing that she was deadle hicieron creer que estaba muertashe's deceiving her husbandengaña a su maridoto be deceived in somebodyI have been deceived in you, Paul if I'm not deceived in her, she'll make a good leadersi no me engaño or equivoco, será una buena líderto deceive oneselfengañarseExample sentences
- Make a list of who told you what, and determine if anyone has something to gain by deceiving you.
- The campaign, launched by the Office of Fair Trading, aims to draw attention to unscrupulous holiday clubs that deliberately deceive consumers and pressurise them into membership.
- Whatever goodwill Tom might have toward the situation will surely evaporate should he find out that she has been deliberately deceiving him.
- appearances can deceiveExample sentences
- For the first few minutes of the men's match, I thought my eyes were deceiving me - these were the fastest, most athletic soccer players I had ever seen.
- The fact that we stopped gabbling for 15 minutes says it all, and in the intervening week I've been tempted to hop in my car and drive for an hour and a half just to check that my tastebuds weren't deceiving me.
- I thought my eyes were deceiving me, as, in the far distance I spied what looked like rows of silver pods suspended against the dark hills.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.