Translation of decency in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable (of dress, conduct) an affront to human decencyuna afrenta contra la dignidad humana1.2 uncountable (propriety)buena educación (feminine)it's no more than common decency
consideración (feminine)no es más que una cuestión de elemental (buena) educaciónshe didn't even have the decency to ask meni siquiera tuvo la consideración de preguntarmeExample sentences1.3
also: decencies plural(proper conduct) [formal]convenciones (feminine plural) socialesto observe the decenciesguardar las formasExample sentences
- Police are now investigating an alleged offence of outraging public decency.
- A jury of six men and six women took just an hour to decide that he was innocent of a charge of committing an act outraging public decency.
- Police have the power to take action against offenders for outraging public decency or indecent exposure.
- It is all about keeping up standards of decency, having respect for women and setting a good example to children.
- But he has steadfastly refused to lower his high standards of morality and decency.
- An anarchic streak coexists with respect for decency and civility.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.