Translation of decency in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (of dress, conduct) decencia (feminine), decoro (masculine) an affront to human decency una afrenta contra la dignidad humana 1.2 uncountable/no numerable (propriety) buena educación (feminine), consideración (feminine) it's no more than common decency no es más que una cuestión de elemental (buena) educación she didn't even have the decency to ask me ni siquiera tuvo la consideración de preguntarmeExample sentences1.3
(decencies plural)(proper conduct) [formal] convenciones (feminine plural) sociales to observe the decencies guardar las formasExample sentences
- Police are now investigating an alleged offence of outraging public decency.
- A jury of six men and six women took just an hour to decide that he was innocent of a charge of committing an act outraging public decency.
- Police have the power to take action against offenders for outraging public decency or indecent exposure.
- It is all about keeping up standards of decency, having respect for women and setting a good example to children.
- But he has steadfastly refused to lower his high standards of morality and decency.
- An anarchic streak coexists with respect for decency and civility.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.