- 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (of dress, conduct) decencia (feminine), decoro (masculine) an affront to human decency una afrenta contra la dignidad humana 1.2 uncountable/no numerable (propriety) buena educación (feminine), consideración (feminine) it's no more than common decency no es más que una cuestión de elemental (buena) educación she didn't even have the decency to ask me ni siquiera tuvo la consideración de preguntarmeMore example sentences1.3
(decencies plural)(proper conduct) [formal] convenciones (feminine plural) sociales to observe the decencies guardar las formasMore example sentences
- Police are now investigating an alleged offence of outraging public decency.
- A jury of six men and six women took just an hour to decide that he was innocent of a charge of committing an act outraging public decency.
- Police have the power to take action against offenders for outraging public decency or indecent exposure.
- It is all about keeping up standards of decency, having respect for women and setting a good example to children.
- But he has steadfastly refused to lower his high standards of morality and decency.
- An anarchic streak coexists with respect for decency and civility.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Junta Autonómica is the name given to the governments of Spain's autonomous regions, with the exception of Catalonia and Valencia's Generalitat and Galicia's Xunta.