Translation of decide in Spanish:
- 1 1.1(person)I can't decide which I prefer
decidirno puedo decidir cuál prefieroyou must decide what to do/when to act/where to go
no sé por cuál decidirmetú tienes que decidir qué vas a hacer/cuándo debes actuar/adónde vas a irhave you decided anything yet?¿ya has decidido or resuelto algo?I've decided to learn karatehe decidido or resuelto aprender karatein the end she decided (that) he was rightal final decidió que él tenía razónyou can't just decide you want to leave schoolno puedes decidir así como así que quieres dejar el colegioExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (persuade) what finally decided me was the price
- In the end what decided me was not guesses about time, but feelings about which walks are pleasing and which ones aren't.
lo que me decidió or me hizo decidir fue el preciowhat decided you to come?¿qué te decidió a venir?
- That's when our parish council must decide its financial plans.
- Rob M. looked like he was in charge, making the decisions, and deciding his own fate.
- However, the state has not yet enacted the agreement and Nu Image has been awaiting the authorities' decision before deciding its own action on the case.
- 2 (settle, determine)(question/issue)
decidir(outcome)it will decide who wins the election
determinardecidirá quién gana las eleccionesExample sentences
- The match was decided on the last game of the evening when Hansen was able to overcome Armstrong.
- Claremorris now face Westport B in a game that will decide the championship in Westport Saturday week.
- For the first time, an NFL championship game would be decided in sudden-death overtime.
- decidirseit's hard to decide between the twoes difícil decidirse por uno de los dosto decide
in favor of/ againstsomething/somebodywe decided in favor of the cheaper onenos decidimos por el más baratothe judge decided in favor of/against the plaintiffel juez resolvió a favor/en contra del demandanteshe decided against buying itdecidió no comprarlo
(candidate)she decided on the green one in the end I decided on painting it green
finalmente decidí pintarlo de verde
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.