Translation of decide in Spanish:
- 1 1.1(person)I can't decide which I preferyou must decide what to do/when to act/where to gono puedo decidir cuál prefierono sé por cuál decidirmehave you decided anything yet?tú tienes que decidir qué vas a hacer/cuándo debes actuar/adónde vas a irI've decided to learn karate¿ya has decidido or resuelto algo?in the end she decided (that) he was righthe decidido or resuelto aprender karateyou can't just decide you want to leave schoolal final decidió que él tenía razónno puedes decidir así como así que quieres dejar el colegioExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (persuade) what finally decided me was the price
- In the end what decided me was not guesses about time, but feelings about which walks are pleasing and which ones aren't.
what decided you to come?lo que me decidió or me hizo decidir fue el precio¿qué te decidió a venir?
- That's when our parish council must decide its financial plans.
- Rob M. looked like he was in charge, making the decisions, and deciding his own fate.
- However, the state has not yet enacted the agreement and Nu Image has been awaiting the authorities' decision before deciding its own action on the case.
- 2 (settle, determine)(question/issue)(outcome)it will decide who wins the electiondecidirá quién gana las eleccionesExample sentences
- The match was decided on the last game of the evening when Hansen was able to overcome Armstrong.
- Claremorris now face Westport B in a game that will decide the championship in Westport Saturday week.
- For the first time, an NFL championship game would be decided in sudden-death overtime.
- it's hard to decide between the twodecidirseto decidees difícil decidirse por uno de los dos
in favor of/ againstsomething/somebodywe decided in favor of the cheaper onethe judge decided in favor of/against the plaintiffnos decidimos por el más baratoshe decided against buying itel juez resolvió a favor/en contra del demandantedecidió no comprarlo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to