Translation of decide in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1 1.1 [person] decidir I can't decide which I prefer no puedo decidir cuál prefiero, no sé por cuál decidirme you must decide what to do/when to act/where to go tú tienes que decidir qué vas a hacer/cuándo debes actuar/adónde vas a ir have you decided anything yet? ¿ya has decidido or resuelto algo? I've decided to learn karate he decidido or resuelto aprender karate in the end she decided (that) he was right al final decidió que él tenía razón you can't just decide you want to leave school no puedes decidir así como así que quieres dejar el colegioExample sentences
- In the end what decided me was not guesses about time, but feelings about which walks are pleasing and which ones aren't.
- We decided on an alternate route that took us to the interstate and we were on our way to Dayton.
- But councillors on the environment committee decided against imposing the changes.
- Thus, the two senior commanders on the spot decided on a land campaign to capture the Gallipoli peninsula.
Example sentences1.2 (persuade) decidir what finally decided me was the price lo que me decidió or me hizo decidir fue el precio what decided you to come? ¿qué te decidió a venir?
- It was not the role of the coroner's court to decide on matters of alleged medical negligence.
- The arguments presented by the HFEA in court, and those made by judges in deciding in favour of the HFEA, contained a number of inconsistencies and arbitrary judgements.
- Now an ecclesiastical court has decided in favour of the changes.
- That's when our parish council must decide its financial plans.
- Rob M. looked like he was in charge, making the decisions, and deciding his own fate.
- However, the state has not yet enacted the agreement and Nu Image has been awaiting the authorities' decision before deciding its own action on the case.
- 2 (settle, determine) [question/issue] decidir; [outcome] determinar it will decide who wins the election decidirá quién gana las eleccionesExample sentences
- The match was decided on the last game of the evening when Hansen was able to overcome Armstrong.
- Claremorris now face Westport B in a game that will decide the championship in Westport Saturday week.
- For the first time, an NFL championship game would be decided in sudden-death overtime.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- decidirse it's hard to decide between the two es difícil decidirse por uno de los dosto decide
in favor of/ againststh/sb we decided in favor of the cheaper one nos decidimos por el más barato the judge decided in favor of/against the plaintiff el juez resolvió a favor/en contra del demandante she decided against buying it decidió no comprarlo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Primaria is the name given in Spain to the first of the two compulsory levels of education. It is for pupils between six and twelve years of age and leads to the