Translation of declare in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (state, announce)(intention)
declarar(opinion)the company declared a dividend of 3% (Business)
manifestarla compañía fijó un dividendo del 3%the government has declared a state of emergencyel gobierno ha declarado el estado de emergenciato declare wardeclarar la guerrato declare war on o against somebody/somethingdeclararle la guerra a alguien/algothey declared her (to be) the winner
declarar la guerra contra alguien/algola declararon ganadorathe museum was officially declared openel museo fue inaugurado oficialmentehe declared himself to herse le declaróthey declared themselves against the plan
le declaró su amorse declararon or se pronunciaron en contra del planExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (acknowledge for tax reasons)
- The Boers declared war on Britain on October 9, 1899, and peace was not declared until May 31, 1902.
- I wonder if the government has yet declared a State of Emergency.
- When faced with serious disasters, countries often declare a formal state of emergency.
(goods/income)nothing to declare
- He's had a big following within the gay community because he was early on such a proponent of the idea of coming out of the closet and declaring yourself.
- But the GDC has to rely on foreign dentists declaring themselves if they have a criminal conviction.
- Sometimes it was worth declaring myself and enduring the ‘No, I'm not interested’ conversation so I could emerge raw, bleeding and free on the other side.
declararnada que declararExample sentences
- The court was told White filled in and signed one claim form seven months after starting work as a police officer and did not declare her income.
- Under regulations, adopted by Parliament, lawyers, prosecutors and magistrates are to declare incomes and property with the National Audit Office.
- The Inland Revenue head office tells me that all taxable income that must be declared on your tax return counts towards the limit.
- 2 (in bridge)(trumps)
- After everyone has declared any combinations they wish to, the player to dealer's left leads to the first trick.
- A claim can be made after you have won a trick, or immediately after declaring a combination.
- A claimed trio is a when a player announces a trio right after making a move, instead of a true trio which is declared before dealing any card.
- If playing six-handed, the bid winner picks up the six cards from the ‘widow ‘and declares the trump suit.’
- After the dealer has declared Trump Suit five cards are turned from the top of the Quest Pack.
- If they cannot, then they must play their trump, if they declared one.
- 1 (American English) (Politics) 1.1 (announce candidacy)anunciar su ( or mi etc) candidaturaExample sentences1.2 (take sides)to declare
- The outcome of that meeting was that Ms Harkin declared as a candidate the following day, while Dr Cowley appeared to leave the door open for his entry into the race by suggesting a pact between himself and Ms Harkin.
- If you look at all the nine declared Democratic presidential candidates, you are basically at the bottom right now, 2 percent, even below Al Sharpton.
- Candidates declared to date are Vic Toews for the Conservative party, the incumbent, Peter Epp for the Liberals and Sarah Zaharia for the New Democrats.
for/ againstsomebody/somethingdeclararse or pronunciarse a favor/ en contra dealguien/algoExample sentences
- Each day, when one opens a paper and sees an aspirant declaring for a party and saying that he declared for the party because it is the only one that can salvage the country, one knows that it is all lies.
- It may also give other associations who are holding their fire at the minute out of party loyalty, the push to declare for the DUP.
- MAYBE A P Cox finds sitting on the fence more comfortable than declaring for or against emission zones.
- 2 (as interjection) [dated]well, I (do) declare!¡válgame Dios! [dated]Example sentences
- He, however, cannot contain his passionate love, and finally declares himself to her.
- She waited in vain for him to declare himself.
- You should have thought of that before you declared yourself to her, Mr. Neville
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.