Translation of decompose in Spanish:
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- 1.1 (rot) [corpse/waste] descomponerse*, pudrirse* a strong smell of decomposing fish un fuerte olor a pescado en descomposiciónExample sentences1.2 [Chemistry/Química] [compound] descomponerse*
- The body begins to decompose soon after it is buried.
- It takes several weeks or longer, depending upon the size, for the body to completely decompose.
- ‘When a body decomposes in water, it becomes completely disfigured,’ he continues.
- When heated, it decomposes into calcium oxide and carbon dioxide gas.
- Davy had developed a technique by which unusually stable compounds could be decomposed into their constituent elements.
- All dioxins are very stable and unlike most other chemicals do not quickly decompose or break down in the environment.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- [Biology/Biología] [Chemistry/Química] [Physics/Física] descomponer*
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Radio broadcasting in Spain began in the 1920s. The state-run Radio Nacional de España (RNE) was established during the Civil War. There are many private radio stations and they compete fiercely. Radio personalities are paid huge salaries, out of which they employ the staff for their programs.