Translation of decompose in Spanish:
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- 1.1 (rot) [corpse/waste] descomponerse*, pudrirse* a strong smell of decomposing fish un fuerte olor a pescado en descomposiciónExample sentences1.2 [Chemistry/Química] [compound] descomponerse*
- The body begins to decompose soon after it is buried.
- It takes several weeks or longer, depending upon the size, for the body to completely decompose.
- ‘When a body decomposes in water, it becomes completely disfigured,’ he continues.
- When heated, it decomposes into calcium oxide and carbon dioxide gas.
- Davy had developed a technique by which unusually stable compounds could be decomposed into their constituent elements.
- All dioxins are very stable and unlike most other chemicals do not quickly decompose or break down in the environment.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- [Biology/Biología] [Chemistry/Química] [Physics/Física] descomponer*
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.