Translation of decoration in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable (act, process)Example sentences1.2 uncountable (ornamentation) for decoration the soap isn't there for decoration, you know!
el jabón no está allí de adorno ¿eh?Example sentences1.3 countable (ornament)
- However, the construction and decoration process has been delayed, and a new opening date has not yet been disclosed.
- Too often, at this stage of the project, it's easy to become tired and to end up rushing through the interior design and decoration process.
- Since it was introduced it has gradually overtaken other forms of decoration so that now it forms the main decorative process in most large glass factories.
- However, these vast Roman vistas are processed through the Rococo penchant for grandiose ornamentation and are window dressing, pure decoration.
- Standard Royal Worcester with floral decoration and Victorian dinner services are struggling to find buyers.
- The reverse of the vessel bears brushed cobalt blue floral decoration at the shoulder and a continuation of the flowers that appear on the front.
- Every bedroom has its own Christmas tree and festoons of decorations.
- Fill large goldfish-type bowls with shiny glass globes and ornaments to create simple decorations.
- The community centre looked its best for the party with its Christmas tree and Christmas decorations.
- 2 uncountable and countable (Military)Example sentences
- The veterans were awarded an Active Service Medal, a decoration pinned to the chest of servicemen involved in conflict.
- He is the recipient of numerous U.S. military awards and decorations, including the Purple Heart.
- Numerous decorations were awarded to members of the Eagle squadrons.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.