Translation of decoy in Spanish:
- 1 (lure, diversion) señuelo (masculine) to act as a decoy hacer* or servir* de señueloExample sentences
- So, unless the unlikely happened and they split up, the dot he was heading towards was a decoy and possibly a trap.
- That whole wing of the base was nothing but an elaborate decoy designed to trap invaders.
- Your Majesty, though a large force has been assembled in the South, it is but a decoy, to lure us away from our target.
- 2 (in hunting) señuelo (masculine), reclamo (masculine)Example sentences
- Supporters counter that it is no more unfair than using bird calls and decoys to attract birds or using baited hooks to catch fish.
- The net was being controlled by someone in a nearby hut who was able to pull the string to make the decoy attract other birds.
- Brandon also had a room which meant we were only some 10 miles from Havre De Grace which is a delightful historic town which has many sites of interest including a Duck decoy museum!
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.