Translation of decoy in Spanish:
nounAmerican English: /ˈdiˌkɔɪ/ British English: /ˈdiːkɔɪ/ , /dɪˈkɔɪ/
- 1 (lure, diversion) to act as a decoyhacer or servir de señueloExample sentences
- So, unless the unlikely happened and they split up, the dot he was heading towards was a decoy and possibly a trap.
- That whole wing of the base was nothing but an elaborate decoy designed to trap invaders.
- Your Majesty, though a large force has been assembled in the South, it is but a decoy, to lure us away from our target.
- 2 (in hunting)Example sentences
- Supporters counter that it is no more unfair than using bird calls and decoys to attract birds or using baited hooks to catch fish.
- The net was being controlled by someone in a nearby hut who was able to pull the string to make the decoy attract other birds.
- Brandon also had a room which meant we were only some 10 miles from Havre De Grace which is a delightful historic town which has many sites of interest including a Duck decoy museum!
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.