Translation of decoy in Spanish:
- 1 (lure, diversion) señuelo (masculine) to act as a decoy hacer* or servir* de señueloExample sentences
- So, unless the unlikely happened and they split up, the dot he was heading towards was a decoy and possibly a trap.
- That whole wing of the base was nothing but an elaborate decoy designed to trap invaders.
- Your Majesty, though a large force has been assembled in the South, it is but a decoy, to lure us away from our target.
- 2 (in hunting) señuelo (masculine), reclamo (masculine)Example sentences
- Supporters counter that it is no more unfair than using bird calls and decoys to attract birds or using baited hooks to catch fish.
- The net was being controlled by someone in a nearby hut who was able to pull the string to make the decoy attract other birds.
- Brandon also had a room which meant we were only some 10 miles from Havre De Grace which is a delightful historic town which has many sites of interest including a Duck decoy museum!
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Today is the Día de los Santos Inocentes, a religious festival celebrated in the Spanish-speaking world to commemorate the New Testament story of the massacre of the "Innocents", by playing practical jokes, or inocentadas, on one another. The classic inocentada is to hang paper dolls on someone's back without their knowing. Spoof news stories also appear in newspapers and the media.