Translation of decrease in Spanish:
intransitive verbAmerican English: /dəˈkris/ British English: /dɪˈkriːs/
- 1.1 (in quantity)(prices)
bajar(speed)1.2 (in degree, intensity)
- When fertility decreased, the garden would be abandoned and a new patch of land burnt for use.
- Russian security unilateralism would decrease; consultation would increase.
- Children from existing neighbourhoods will be affected by this catchment area decreasing.
transitive verbAmerican English: /dəˈkris/ British English: /dɪˈkriːs/
nouncountable or uncountableAmerican English: /ˈdiˌkris/ , /dəˈkris/ British English: /ˈdiːkriːs/
- crime is on the decreasela delincuencia está disminuyendoExample sentences
- Interest rates on banking credits are expected to fall with the decrease in the basic interest rate.
- Then came the economic downturn and a sharp decrease in the numbers venturing onto the slopes.
- The capital encountered severe drought this year due to a sharp decrease in rainfall.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.