- 1 1.1 (devote) to dedicate sth
tosth/ -ingdedicar* algo aalgo/+ infinitive/infinitivoshe dedicated her life to the service of o to serving her country dedicó or consagró su vida al servicio de su país or a servir a su paísMore example sentences1.2 (address as mark of respect) [poem/book] dedicar* to dedicate sth
- For the moment, however, she says the group are purely dedicating their efforts to putting together a solid outline proposal for the area, before they begin their investigations for funding.
- Since last October, the students have been dedicating themselves to the task of mounting the enduringly popular Guys and Dolls.
- I met many people who dedicated much of their efforts to assist in the planning of the anti-hate demonstration.
tosb dedicarle* algo aalgn I'd like to dedicate this song to my mother quisiera dedicar(le) esta canción a mi madreMore example sentences
- All the poems in the book are dedicated to his memory.
- At least a third of the book is dedicated to memories of his dad.
- The book is dedicated to the memory of Maura Burns of Ferrybank who recently passed away.
- 2 2.1 (consecrate) [church/shrine/memorial] dedicar* 2.2 (declare open) (American English/inglés norteamericano) [building/fair] inaugurarMore example sentences
More example sentences
- The Chupao Temple is dedicated to a life-saving deity known as Paosheng.
- Churches were increasingly dedicated to, and children named after, universal saints.
- I recall visiting Calvin's church in Geneva, a twelfth-century Romanesque building dedicated to Saint Peter.
- The building was formally opened and dedicated by the Bishop of Ramsbury, The Right Rev Peter Hullah, with another 150 guests joining the 500 schoolchildren.
- Hampton's new 36,000-square-foot facility was formally dedicated on Sept.23.
- This decision to sell the temple was not publicly made known until the building was finally completed and formally dedicated on 1 May 1846.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
Today is a public holiday in Chile (Día de la Independencia)