Translation of deduction in Spanish:
noununcountable or countable
- 1 (subtraction) he gets $260 a week after deductionsgana 260 dólares semanales netosExample sentences
- Four years ago the Inland Revenue had a look at this automatic deduction of tax and estimated that over the past few years it had taken £300 million from four million people who should have paid no tax at all.
- Such income will henceforth be taxed in the hands of the recipients at the rates applicable to them, and will be subject to tax deduction at source at the rate of 10%.
- Historically, the main advantages of investing offshore have been that returns are paid without any deduction of tax, and the authorities in your home country are told nothing about your wealth.
- 2 (reasoning, conclusion)Example sentences
- No architect of these institutions has proceeded by deduction from general principles.
- The mathematician establishes results by logical deduction.
- But it is perhaps truer of Spinoza than of his contemporaries that his enterprise was one of radical deduction from first principles.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.