- 1 (subtraction) deducción (f), descuento (m) he gets $260 a week after deductions gana 260 dólares semanales netosMore example sentences
- Four years ago the Inland Revenue had a look at this automatic deduction of tax and estimated that over the past few years it had taken £300 million from four million people who should have paid no tax at all.
- Such income will henceforth be taxed in the hands of the recipients at the rates applicable to them, and will be subject to tax deduction at source at the rate of 10%.
- Historically, the main advantages of investing offshore have been that returns are paid without any deduction of tax, and the authorities in your home country are told nothing about your wealth.
- 2 (reasoning, conclusion) deducción (f)More example sentences
- No architect of these institutions has proceeded by deduction from general principles.
- The mathematician establishes results by logical deduction.
- But it is perhaps truer of Spinoza than of his contemporaries that his enterprise was one of radical deduction from first principles.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Santería is a religious cult, fusing African beliefs and Catholicism, which developed among African Yoruba slaves in Cuba. Followers believe both in a single supreme being and also in orishas, deities who each share an identity with a Christian saint and who combine a force of nature with human characteristics. Rituals involve music, dancing, sacrificial offerings, divination, and going into trances.