Translation of deep-dish in Spanish:
adjective before noun(US)
de base profunda(pizza)
de base gruesaExample sentences
- Peach cobbler looks more promising than it is, with a thin top crust like a deep-dish pie; unfortunately, that crust is tough.
- The food basket was stuffed with savory meat pies, potato salad and a wonderful deep-dish apple pie for dessert.
- As for the desserts, yay for the deep-dish apple pie, the cappuccino-chocolate pudding, and milk shakes that are almost at corner-malt-shoppe-level thickness.
- The 36-restaurant chain that serves up deep-dish pizzas, also capitalizes on the interest in on-location brewing with 10 microbrewery locations.
- Walking through Giordano's restaurant a few blocks from the hotel - as an eager prospective resident of Chicago, his lunch request for deep-dish pizza was predictable.
- A roll of carnival-style tickets will get you anything from classic Chicago-style deep-dish pizza to an overflowing plate of Cuban caldo gallego.
- 2 [colloquial] 2.1 (extreme, excessive)Example sentences2.2 (thorough)
- There are the same subtly contoured greens, guarded by the same generic, deep-dish bunkers that have become de rigueur for a major-championship course.
- Engh provides his full package here - partially hidden greens, rhythmic mounds, deep-dish bunkers and some great risk-and-reward shots.
- Criterion serves up two more deep-dish DVDs from yesteryear
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.