- 1 (omission) omisión (f); (failure to appear) incomparecencia (f); [Law] rebeldía (f) they accept no responsibility for any act or default no aceptan responsabilidad por ningún acto u omisión he won his case by default ganó el juicio en rebeldía del demandado she won by default [Sport] ganó por incomparecencia de su rivalMore example sentences
- That subsection does not distinguish between non-appearance and non-compliance defaults.
- There are one or two ways of fine tuning the format, but the big issue is that defaults need to be avoided.
- This could cause defaults on debt repayments and require economic assistance from the international community.
- 3 (lack) falta (f) the system was chosen by default el sistema fue elegido a falta de una alternativa viable, la elección del sistema se impuso como única alternativa he was elected by default fue elegido por ausencia de otros candidatos in default of directions from his superiors … a falta de directivas de sus superiores … (before n) default option [Comput] opción (f) por defecto
- 1.1 [Fin] suspender pagos, cesar (los) pagos to default
ona loan suspender pagos orcesar (en) los pagos de un préstamoMore example sentences
More example sentences1.2 [Law] estar* en rebeldía 1.3 [Sport] no presentarse, no comparecer* [formal] 1.4 [Comput] to default to sth ir* por defecto a algo
- The customer had defaulted on the loan and, although the judge made no specific finding to this effect, the appellant had lost about £30,000.
- During the period of the delay the value of the property upon which the loan was secured fell and was therefore insufficient to cover the plaintiffs loss when X defaulted on the loan.
- He did say, however, that in his view, Valleywood was profitable and that neither the companies nor Katana had ever defaulted on loans.
- He won the junior US Open champion, was a runner-up in the boys' event at Roland Garros and made the semi-finals of junior Wimbledon in 1999 only to be defaulted for not turning up.
- First, they defaulted me, then they defaulted him.
- The 17-year-old might even have gone further in the singles, but was defaulted for turning up late to his semi-final.