Translation of default in Spanish:
- 1 (omission)(failure to appear)(Law)they accept no responsibility for any act or defaulthe won his case by defaultno aceptan responsabilidad por ningún acto u omisiónshe won by default (Sport)ganó el juicio en rebeldía del demandadoganó por incomparecencia de su rivalExample sentences
- That subsection does not distinguish between non-appearance and non-compliance defaults.
- There are one or two ways of fine tuning the format, but the big issue is that defaults need to be avoided.
- This could cause defaults on debt repayments and require economic assistance from the international community.
- 2 (Finance) the country is on the verge of defaultshe is in default on her mortgageel país está al borde del impago or de la suspensión de pagos(before noun) default interestestá en mora en los pagos de la hipotecainterés (masculine) de mora
- 3 (lack) the system was chosen by defaulthe was elected by defaultel sistema fue elegido a falta de una alternativa viablela elección del sistema se impuso como única alternativain default of directions from his superiors …fue elegido por ausencia de otros candidatos(before noun) default option (Computing)a falta de directivas de sus superiores …
- 1.1 (Finance)to defaultsuspender pagoscesar (los) pagos
ona loan1.2 (Law)suspender pagos orcesar (en) los pagos de un préstamo1.3 (Sport)estar en rebeldíano presentarseno comparecer [formal]Example sentences
Example sentences1.4 (Computing) to default to something
- The customer had defaulted on the loan and, although the judge made no specific finding to this effect, the appellant had lost about £30,000.
- During the period of the delay the value of the property upon which the loan was secured fell and was therefore insufficient to cover the plaintiffs loss when X defaulted on the loan.
- He did say, however, that in his view, Valleywood was profitable and that neither the companies nor Katana had ever defaulted on loans.
ir por defecto a algo
- He won the junior US Open champion, was a runner-up in the boys' event at Roland Garros and made the semi-finals of junior Wimbledon in 1999 only to be defaulted for not turning up.
- First, they defaulted me, then they defaulted him.
- The 17-year-old might even have gone further in the singles, but was defaulted for turning up late to his semi-final.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than