Translation of default in Spanish:
- 1 (omission)(failure to appear) incomparecencia (feminine)(Law)they accept no responsibility for any act or default
rebeldía (feminine)no aceptan responsabilidad por ningún acto u omisiónhe won his case by defaultganó el juicio en rebeldía del demandadoshe won by default (Sport)ganó por incomparecencia de su rivalExample sentences
- That subsection does not distinguish between non-appearance and non-compliance defaults.
- There are one or two ways of fine tuning the format, but the big issue is that defaults need to be avoided.
- This could cause defaults on debt repayments and require economic assistance from the international community.
- 2 (Finance) the country is on the verge of defaultel país está al borde del impago or de la suspensión de pagosshe is in default on her mortgageestá en mora en los pagos de la hipoteca(before noun) default interestinterés (masculine) de mora
- 3 (lack) the system was chosen by defaultel sistema fue elegido a falta de una alternativa viablehe was elected by default
la elección del sistema se impuso como única alternativafue elegido por ausencia de otros candidatosin default of directions from his superiors …a falta de directivas de sus superiores …(before noun) default option (Computing)
- 1 (Finance)suspender pagosto default
cesar (los) pagos
ona loansuspender pagos orcesar (en) los pagos de un préstamoExample sentences
- The customer had defaulted on the loan and, although the judge made no specific finding to this effect, the appellant had lost about £30,000.
- During the period of the delay the value of the property upon which the loan was secured fell and was therefore insufficient to cover the plaintiffs loss when X defaulted on the loan.
- He did say, however, that in his view, Valleywood was profitable and that neither the companies nor Katana had ever defaulted on loans.
- He won the junior US Open champion, was a runner-up in the boys' event at Roland Garros and made the semi-finals of junior Wimbledon in 1999 only to be defaulted for not turning up.
- First, they defaulted me, then they defaulted him.
- The 17-year-old might even have gone further in the singles, but was defaulted for turning up late to his semi-final.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.