- (British) → defenseExample sentences
- We will match their determination with our own; we will be as resolute as they are fanatical; as strong in defence of good as they are hell-bent on doing evil.
- Were they standing firm in defence of our traditional country sports?
- My article was rather a statement not just in my own defence, but in defence of the whole tradition of the kind of fiction that I belong to.
- It is clear law that in any context in which consent of the injured party is a defence to what would otherwise be a crime or a civil wrong, the consent must be real.
- One of these standards is that an accused person must be given full opportunity to present his defence.
- In its defence the Third Party has admitted liability by the defendant but denies any obligation for contribution or indemnity.
- Their defense played a huge role in helping them reach the playoffs for the third time in Edwards' four seasons.
- The Colombia goalkeeper marshalled a defence that conceded 21 goals in 34 league games.
- Good goal keeping and a solid defence prevented Oakworth getting an equaliser.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.