- 1.1 (of cause, course of action, opinion) defensor, -sora (m,f) 1.2 [Sport] defensa (mf)More example sentences
More example sentences
- It is most unlikely that a determined defender of the cosmological line of reasoning would surrender even here.
- His strongest opposition came from defenders of vested interest in his own party.
- His image as a defender of the national interest made him popular among the masses.
- Traps are most effective when the two defenders cover two sides of the offensive player.
- With his back to goal and two defenders smothering him, he somehow manages to turn and make room for a shot, which he fires narrowly wide.
- Bizarrely it was the fifth time this season that Doncaster have cashed in on an own goal, although the defender knew little about it.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Santería is a religious cult, fusing African beliefs and Catholicism, which developed among African Yoruba slaves in Cuba. Followers believe both in a single supreme being and also in orishas, deities who each share an identity with a Christian saint and who combine a force of nature with human characteristics. Rituals involve music, dancing, sacrificial offerings, divination, and going into trances.