- 1.1 (of cause, course of action, opinion) defensor, (masculine, feminine) 1.2 [Sport/Deporte] defensa (masculine and feminine)More example sentences
More example sentences
- It is most unlikely that a determined defender of the cosmological line of reasoning would surrender even here.
- His strongest opposition came from defenders of vested interest in his own party.
- His image as a defender of the national interest made him popular among the masses.
- Traps are most effective when the two defenders cover two sides of the offensive player.
- With his back to goal and two defenders smothering him, he somehow manages to turn and make room for a shot, which he fires narrowly wide.
- Bizarrely it was the fifth time this season that Doncaster have cashed in on an own goal, although the defender knew little about it.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Central America and Mexico, the word 'botana' means a small portion of food, olives, peanuts etc, usually served with a drink at parties, bars, or social occasions.