Translation of defender in Spanish:
- 1.1 (of cause, course of action, opinion)1.2 (Sport)defensor, (-sora) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- It is most unlikely that a determined defender of the cosmological line of reasoning would surrender even here.
- His strongest opposition came from defenders of vested interest in his own party.
- His image as a defender of the national interest made him popular among the masses.
- Traps are most effective when the two defenders cover two sides of the offensive player.
- With his back to goal and two defenders smothering him, he somehow manages to turn and make room for a shot, which he fires narrowly wide.
- Bizarrely it was the fifth time this season that Doncaster have cashed in on an own goal, although the defender knew little about it.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.