Translation of defensive in Spanish:
- [measures/weapon/play/move] defensivo there's no need to be o get so defensive! ¡no hay por qué ponerse tan a la defensiva! to be on the defensive [Military/Militar] [Psychology/Psicología] estar* a la defensivaExample sentences
- This group unites to form a defensive force to protect the city from a new band of villains.
- The mammals swam in tight circles to create a defensive barrier as the great white lurked under the surface.
- At the Tuileries, meanwhile, courtiers were going about armed and preparing defensive positions.
- He is the first player ever to be voted top rookie and defensive player of the year in the same season.
- Benitez can also boast having one of the country's best defensive records having conceded just six times.
- Liverpool have the eighth best goalscoring record and the seventh best defensive record.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Mexican politics, a prospective party candidate for the presidency is called a tapado. Candidates traditionally emerge from within the party but their identity is not revealed until the candidate is officially declared: they remain tapados (hidden), thus arousing a great deal of speculation. Under the rule of the