transitive verb -rr-
- 1 (postpone) [formal] she deferred making a decisionaplazó or (especially Latin America) postergó la decisiónExample sentences
- The Government decision to defer the programme is to be hailed.
- He said the national executive agreed to defer the election to October 2, two weeks later than the original date of September 18.
- It was decided at that meeting to defer the Reunion until 2005.
- Sentence was deferred for reports until June 5 and they were remanded in custody.
- Sentence was deferred for six months until February 11.
- Sentence was deferred until January 14, 2004, to allow him to attend the care and respect programme.
- 2also: deferred past participle(charges/taxation/liabilities) (Finance) (shares)(Finance)(sentence)
de dividendo diferido(Law)
intransitive verb -rr-
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.