Translation of deficiency in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -cies)
- 1 c and u 1.1 [Medicine/Medicina] deficiencia (feminine)Example sentences1.2 (shortage) escasez (feminine), déficit (masculine)
- For if you love someone greatly, your love will be great enough to tolerate his or her shortcomings or deficiencies.
- Another remarkable feature Hu noticed in his early days in the city was the serious deficiency of work efficiency.
- And the plant did not consistently produce potable water because of system failures and operational deficiencies.
- Sunscreen prevented sunlight from generating vitamin D in the skin, risking serious deficiencies in the long run.
- Other risk factors include deficiencies in vitamin A, beta-carotene, vitamin C, and folic acid.
- Like scurvy or pernicious anaemia, he puts it down to nutritional deficiencies in the modern diet: the lack of the essential vitamin B17.
- 2 countable/numerable (shortcoming) deficiencia (feminine)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Havana, Cuba has three daily newspapers. The best known is Granma(www.granma.cubaweb.cu), official newspaper of the Cuban Communist Party. Trabajadores is published by the Cuban trade union movement, and the more lively Juventud Rebelde is aimed at a younger readership.