n (plural -cies)
- 1 countable or uncountable/numerable o no numerable 1.1 [Medicine/Medicina] deficiencia (feminine) (before noun/delante del nombre) deficiency disease enfermedad (feminine) carencialMore example sentences1.2 (shortage) escasez (feminine), déficit (masculine)
More example sentences
- For if you love someone greatly, your love will be great enough to tolerate his or her shortcomings or deficiencies.
- Another remarkable feature Hu noticed in his early days in the city was the serious deficiency of work efficiency.
- And the plant did not consistently produce potable water because of system failures and operational deficiencies.
- Sunscreen prevented sunlight from generating vitamin D in the skin, risking serious deficiencies in the long run.
- Other risk factors include deficiencies in vitamin A, beta-carotene, vitamin C, and folic acid.
- Like scurvy or pernicious anaemia, he puts it down to nutritional deficiencies in the modern diet: the lack of the essential vitamin B17.
- 2 countable/numerable (shortcoming) deficiencia (feminine)
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Pulque is a thick, white, Mexican alcoholic drink made from fermented maguey juice; the sacred drink of the Aztecs. It is drunk without being aged, sometimes with added fruit or vegetable juice. Pulquerías are bars where it is drunk.