Translation of deficient in Spanish:
- [formal] [nutrition/supply/vocabulary] deficiente, insuficiente he felt he was somehow deficient as a husband sentía que de alguna manera fallaba como marido he's mentally deficient [offensive/ofensivo] es (un) deficiente mental [anticuado u ofensivo] to be deficient
insth carecer* dealgo foods deficient in vitamins alimentos (masculine plural) de bajo contenido vitamínico a plan deficient in imagination un plan carente de imaginaciónExample sentences
- The rapidly growing yearling is further jeopardized when twice daily feedings are already marginal or deficient in protein quality.
- The summer growing season of kenaf corresponds with low quality forages deficient in protein in the Southeast.
- I told myself that my attitude, knowledge, and skill cost a patient's life and I was deficient in all those qualities that a doctor should have.
- The report accuses prosecutors of conducting deficient investigations or presenting inadequate evidence at the trials.
- She blames deficient preparation and insufficient commitment on the part of the school, but she also notes impediments in the exams themselves.
- Similarly, she has not observed or complained about any deficient workmanship in the insulation and drywall and she believes that none exists with respect to her residence.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Havana, Cuba has three daily newspapers. The best known is Granma(www.granma.cubaweb.cu), official newspaper of the Cuban Communist Party. Trabajadores is published by the Cuban trade union movement, and the more lively Juventud Rebelde is aimed at a younger readership.