Translation of deficient in Spanish:
- [formal] he felt he was somehow deficient as a husbandsentía que de alguna manera fallaba como maridohe's mentally deficient [offensive]es (un) deficiente mental (dated u offensive)to be deficient
insomethingcarecerfoods deficient in vitamins dealgoalimentos (masculine plural) de bajo contenido vitamínicoa plan deficient in imaginationun plan carente de imaginaciónExample sentences
- The rapidly growing yearling is further jeopardized when twice daily feedings are already marginal or deficient in protein quality.
- The summer growing season of kenaf corresponds with low quality forages deficient in protein in the Southeast.
- I told myself that my attitude, knowledge, and skill cost a patient's life and I was deficient in all those qualities that a doctor should have.
- The report accuses prosecutors of conducting deficient investigations or presenting inadequate evidence at the trials.
- She blames deficient preparation and insufficient commitment on the part of the school, but she also notes impediments in the exams themselves.
- Similarly, she has not observed or complained about any deficient workmanship in the insulation and drywall and she believes that none exists with respect to her residence.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.