Translation of deficit in Spanish:
- 1.1 (Finance) to make up/show a deficit of $300the budget deficitcubrir/arrojar un déficit de 300 dólares1.2 (shortfall)el déficit presupuestarioExample sentences
Example sentences1.3 (Games, Sport)
- The fund will absorb the deficit in the Rover pension scheme, which officially stands at £67.6m.
- The pension scheme, which had a deficit amounting to some £80m, was part of this restructuring.
- The company doubled its input last year to £225m, but the deficit in its fund rose by roughly the same amount.
diferencia (feminine) de goles ( or puntos etc)Example sentences
- Smurfit was in deficit at its last year-end, so its position is likely to have got a lot worse.
- Wartime was a period of massive fiscal deficits and huge current account surpluses.
- For several countries, reducing their annual budget deficits to below 3% of gross domestic product will be the first big hurdle.
- Boys Club still had fight in them and Nicky Pearson scored to cut the deficit to one goal again but despite plenty of pressure they could not force extra time.
- That didn't work as the team dug itself into a double-digit deficit in the division.
- Now back within two, Croatia made the most of its next power play to cut the deficit to one on a score by Samir Barac.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to