Translation of deficit in Spanish:
- 1.1 (Finance) to make up/show a deficit of $300cubrir/arrojar un déficit de 300 dólaresthe budget deficitel déficit presupuestario1.2 (shortfall)Example sentences
Example sentences1.3 (Games, Sport)
- The fund will absorb the deficit in the Rover pension scheme, which officially stands at £67.6m.
- The pension scheme, which had a deficit amounting to some £80m, was part of this restructuring.
- The company doubled its input last year to £225m, but the deficit in its fund rose by roughly the same amount.
diferencia (feminine) de goles ( or puntos etc)Example sentences
- Smurfit was in deficit at its last year-end, so its position is likely to have got a lot worse.
- Wartime was a period of massive fiscal deficits and huge current account surpluses.
- For several countries, reducing their annual budget deficits to below 3% of gross domestic product will be the first big hurdle.
- Boys Club still had fight in them and Nicky Pearson scored to cut the deficit to one goal again but despite plenty of pressure they could not force extra time.
- That didn't work as the team dug itself into a double-digit deficit in the division.
- Now back within two, Croatia made the most of its next power play to cut the deficit to one on a score by Samir Barac.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.