- 1 1.1 (state meaning of, describe) [word/situation/position] definirMore example sentences
More example sentences1.2 (delimit) [powers/duties] delimitar
- For auctioneers a client has been defined as the party contracted to pay the fee so beware of large sums of cash, however rare, in the sale of a property.
- An admission, or spell, is defined as a continuous period of time spent as a patient within a trust, and may include more than one episode.
- Counter-party data is defined as the data that identifies and describes trading partners.
More example sentences1.3 (characterize) distinguir*
- Founded by Cardinal Richelieu in 1635, its purpose was to produce a dictionary that would define all significant words of the French language.
- Webster's online dictionary defines the word ‘crusade’ as a corrective enterprise, which is undertaken with zeal and enthusiasm.
- This is not really helpful unless you also know how this same dictionary defines the word, religious.
More example sentences
- Linda says Brittany, while not quite testing limits, is defining boundaries.
- Conceptually, the new building can be thought of as a folded strip running through and around the site, feeling limits and defining boundaries.
- Words and phrases used to describe low-level sexual activity project a rhythm and closure, that is, they define the boundaries or scale pertaining to the limits of rules of the relation.
- These challenges, though unpleasant at times, ultimately produce within us the character and determination that defines the very essence of the Coast Guard.
- Costumes help define character and establish setting.
- From the beginning Pakeha New Zealanders have struggled to establish and define a national identity for themselves.
- 2 (outline) (usually passive/normalmente en voz pasiva) definir it's clearly defined está claramente definido the trees were sharply defined against the sky el contorno de los árboles se recortaba nítidamente contra el cieloMore example sentences
- Before constructing software, it is essential to gather the main requirements, to define a clear architecture, and to give a broad outline of the reused parts.
- It is worked in eight coloured wools on a plain linen ground, its masses of colour, in couched and laid work, defined by stem or outline stitch.
- In what follows, I use this painting to define the broad outlines of the Renaissance, touching on some of the key ideas and concepts that are central to an understanding of what is meant when this contentious term is used.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
The Lotería Nacional is a Spanish state-run lottery founded in 1812. There is an