Translation of definitely in Spanish:
- 1 (without doubt) it's definitely true/an improvementno hay duda de que es cierto/una mejoraI'd definitely support the party if asked
es indudablemente cierto/una mejorasi me lo pidieran, no dudaría en dar mi apoyo al partidohe definitely said we should meet hereseguro que dijo que nos encontráramos aquíshe's definitely smarter than he ises decididamente más inteligente que élis she coming? — definitely¿viene? — sí, seguro or segurísimo
- 2 (definitively)(arrange/agree)let's decide definitely on a day
definitivamentevamos a fijar or decidir un día en forma definitivaExample sentences
- He has no plans to move at the moment, but there is no doubt that both he and Ian are definitely in the wrong area.
- Something was definitely wrong here and he was pretty sure he was going to hate it more than he was going to like it.
- I knew that some of the correspondents were definitely heading to the wrong islands.
- Some of us had instructions to wake up our parents and some of us had instructions definitely not to wake them.
- So little is known of the original inhabitants that they cannot be definitely classified.
- The flow of the stream is not sufficiently strong to wear out a channel having definitely well-marked sides.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.