Translation of definitely in Spanish:
- 1.1 (without doubt) it's definitely true/an improvement no hay duda de que es cierto/una mejora, es indudablemente cierto/una mejora I'd definitely support the party if asked si me lo pidieran, no dudaría en dar mi apoyo al partido he definitely said we should meet here seguro que dijo que nos encontráramos aquí she's definitely smarter than he is es decididamente más inteligente que él is she coming? — definitely ¿viene? — sí, seguro or segurísimo 1.2 (definitively) [arrange/agree] definitivamente let's decide definitely on a day vamos a fijar or decidir un día en forma definitivaExample sentences
Example sentences1.3 (firmly) [speak/say] terminantemente, categóricamente; [act] con firmeza
- He has no plans to move at the moment, but there is no doubt that both he and Ian are definitely in the wrong area.
- Something was definitely wrong here and he was pretty sure he was going to hate it more than he was going to like it.
- I knew that some of the correspondents were definitely heading to the wrong islands.
- Externally, the new genus Trigonostrophia differs from Rectotrophia principally in its more definitely triangular outline.
- The judge ruled that, once a citizen has been definitely classified as an enemy combatant, he or she can be held without charges and without legal representation.
- In consequence, I expect you both day after to-morrow, in order to settle that matter definitely.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Defensor del pueblo is an ombudsman nominated by the Spanish Parliament to defend the rights of citizens against government maladministration. If he upholds a complaint he advises the administration on appropriate compensation. This post, under the same name, also exists in some Latin American countries.