- 1.1 (without doubt) it's definitely true/an improvement no hay duda de que es cierto/una mejora, es indudablemente cierto/una mejora I'd definitely support the party if asked si me lo pidieran, no dudaría en dar mi apoyo al partido he definitely said we should meet here seguro que dijo que nos encontráramos aquí she's definitely smarter than he is es decididamente más inteligente que él is she coming? — definitely ¿viene? — sí, seguro or segurísimo 1.2 (definitively) [arrange/agree] definitivamente let's decide definitely on a day vamos a fijar or decidir un día en forma definitivaMore example sentences
More example sentences1.3 (firmly) [speak/say] terminantemente, categóricamente; [act] con firmeza
- He has no plans to move at the moment, but there is no doubt that both he and Ian are definitely in the wrong area.
- Something was definitely wrong here and he was pretty sure he was going to hate it more than he was going to like it.
- I knew that some of the correspondents were definitely heading to the wrong islands.
- Some of us had instructions to wake up our parents and some of us had instructions definitely not to wake them.
- For China Doll, Chan definitely has something to say about her character throwing off the shackles of her gender in China a century ago.
- He had a bottle of wine and was definitely dressed to the nines, so to speak.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The variety of catalán spoken in the Balearic Islands is called mallorquín. Some people regard it as a separate language from Catalan, which enjoys official status, but it is not officially recognized as such.