Translation of definitely in Spanish:
- 1.1 (without doubt) See examples: it's definitely true/an improvementI'd definitely support the party if askedno hay duda de que es cierto/una mejoraes indudablemente cierto/una mejorahe definitely said we should meet heresi me lo pidieran, no dudaría en dar mi apoyo al partidoshe's definitely smarter than he isseguro que dijo que nos encontráramos aquíis she coming? — definitelyes decididamente más inteligente que él1.2 (definitively)¿viene? — sí, seguro or segurísimo(arrange/agree)let's decide definitely on a dayvamos a fijar or decidir un día en forma definitivaExample sentences
Example sentences1.3 (firmly)
- He has no plans to move at the moment, but there is no doubt that both he and Ian are definitely in the wrong area.
- Something was definitely wrong here and he was pretty sure he was going to hate it more than he was going to like it.
- I knew that some of the correspondents were definitely heading to the wrong islands.
- The procedure is pretty barbaric and is not to be described here more definitely.
- Externally, the new genus Trigonostrophia differs from Rectotrophia principally in its more definitely triangular outline.
- The judge ruled that, once a citizen has been definitely classified as an enemy combatant, he or she can be held without charges and without legal representation.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to