Translation of definition in Spanish:
- 1 countable or uncountable 1.1 (statement of meaning) what's your definition of good music?by definition¿tú qué entiendes por buena música?por definiciónExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (categorization)
- The Judge said she had, in the absence of any statutory definition, consulted several dictionaries for a definition of the word record.
- No, it's not exactly the dictionary definition of the word.
- The dictionary definition of the word is to ride on or along a wave on a board.
- One widely accepted definition describes poverty as ‘an enforced lack of socially perceived necessities’.
- Most definitions of the scheme describe it as operating alongside criminal action.
- I'm struck how in the introductory sections, Publius returns again and again to a definition of ‘human nature.’
- In all these examples we can see that whether a particular act is judged to be a crime or to be deviant is not explained by any quality of the act itself but by other considerations that enter into the process of labelling or definition.
- It is equally important that our community have safe space in which to engage in that process of definition.
- In the introduction, Lauret confronts the thorny questions of definition and categorization.
- 2 uncountable 2.1 (focus) See examples: the plot lacked definitionit gave her life definitionla trama argumental no estaba bien definidablusher gives your cheekbones definitionle dio dirección or sentido a su vida2.2 (Cinema, Photography, Television)el colorete realza los pómulos or da realce a los pómulosExample sentences
Example sentences2.3 (Audio) 2.4 (in eyesight)
- They have great resolution and incredible colour definition.
- The anamorphic widescreen transfer is decent enough, with reasonable clarity and picture definition, though graininess can a problem now and again.
- By looking at the graph and seeing the colors and shapes, these students were able to listen again and hear the shape of the sounds with more definition.
- You and your family will be blown away at the definition of this television.
- The screen has excellent definition and best of all the unit is less than 9mm thick.
- This television has excellent definition which makes the image jump right at you.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.