Translation of definition in Spanish:
- 1 countable or uncountable 1.1 (statement of meaning) what's your definition of good music?¿tú qué entiendes por buena música?by definitionpor definiciónExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (categorization)
- The Judge said she had, in the absence of any statutory definition, consulted several dictionaries for a definition of the word record.
- No, it's not exactly the dictionary definition of the word.
- The dictionary definition of the word is to ride on or along a wave on a board.
- One widely accepted definition describes poverty as ‘an enforced lack of socially perceived necessities’.
- Most definitions of the scheme describe it as operating alongside criminal action.
- I'm struck how in the introductory sections, Publius returns again and again to a definition of ‘human nature.’
- In all these examples we can see that whether a particular act is judged to be a crime or to be deviant is not explained by any quality of the act itself but by other considerations that enter into the process of labelling or definition.
- It is equally important that our community have safe space in which to engage in that process of definition.
- In the introduction, Lauret confronts the thorny questions of definition and categorization.
- 2 uncountable 2.1 (focus) the plot lacked definitionla trama argumental no estaba bien definidait gave her life definitionle dio dirección or sentido a su vidablusher gives your cheekbones definitionel colorete realza los pómulos or da realce a los pómulos2.2 (Cinema, Photography, Television)Example sentences
Example sentences2.3 (Audio) 2.4 (in eyesight)
- They have great resolution and incredible colour definition.
- The anamorphic widescreen transfer is decent enough, with reasonable clarity and picture definition, though graininess can a problem now and again.
- By looking at the graph and seeing the colors and shapes, these students were able to listen again and hear the shape of the sounds with more definition.
- I own a 60" DLP, and the TV's definition is great.
- The TV's definition is great, you just have to be 20+ feet away from it, because it has the same number of pixels in it as a 1080p 46".
- This television has excellent definition which makes the image jump right at you.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.