- [bomb] desactivar; [situation/atmosphere] distender*; [crisis/anger] calmarMore example sentences
More example sentences
- Security guards patrolling the area informed police, who in turn notified the Bomb Disposal Unit, who defused the explosive device.
- Grimly, he picked up a manual on defusing explosive devices and began to skim through it, just in case.
- The army began searching the area on Friday and is defusing explosive devices strewn around the area by the blasts.
- I can't help thinking that if Chuck were alive, he would have handled this unsavory, unneighborly encounter much better than I, for he was an expert at defusing tense situations.
- It is learnt that more changes in the civil administration are also in the offing as part of the ongoing efforts to defuse the tense situation.
- With their friendly but firm goodwill and common sense they were able to defuse many potentially dangerous situations and undoubtedly saved many lives.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Lotería Nacional is a Spanish state-run lottery founded in 1812. There is an