- 1 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (consideration) deliberación (feminine) after long deliberation tras largas deliberaciones or una larga deliberaciónMore example sentences1.2
(deliberations plural)(decision making) deliberaciones (feminine plural)
- I said to them that in their deliberations they should consider the ten pensioners' flats adjacent.
- The jury was resuming its deliberations today to consider verdicts on two remaining charges.
- The discussions and deliberations which transpired over this period have been treated as a state secret.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable (unhurried manner) parsimonia (feminine), calma (feminine)More example sentences
- Arms vertically extended, I turned with the slow deliberation of a cornered felon.
- Again and again, with slow deliberation, the whale approaches the boat.
- Tanned and looking younger than he is, he speaks with slow deliberation, well aware of the power of the spoken word.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.