Translation of delight in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable (joy) she could not conceal her delightno podía disimular el placer que sentíato take delight in somethingdisfrutar or gozar con algohe takes great delight in teasing his sisterdisfruta or goza enormemente haciendo rabiar a su hermanato my delight, she won
se deleita haciendo rabiar a su hermanaganó, para gran alegría míaExample sentences1.2 countable (source of joy) her happiness was a delight to see
era un placer or una delicia verla tan feliz
- He took great delight there to go to the bookbinders' shops and lie gaping on maps.
- He took great delight that she had already started her golf lessons.
- The place was overflowing the girls, squealing in delight, holding cameras and cheering.
daba gusto verla tan felizExample sentences
- Meanwhile, the city has become a gleaming, shining pretty pearl in a box of pleasures and delights.
- All disciples of cinematic perversion know too well the delights of suffering in the face of intense pleasure.
- Bored of earthly delights, he takes his compulsion for pleasure to the nth degree.
- (make very happy)llenar de alegría(give pleasure to) deleitarhis success delighted themsu éxito los llenó de alegríathe clown delighted the childrenel payaso hizo las delicias de or deleitó a los niñosmusic to delight the earmúsica que es un deleite or placer para el oídoExample sentences
- It was here he held court late into the night, cajoling, entertaining and delighting friends from various walks of life.
- The gods and monsters of khon have been delighting Siamese audiences for the past seven centuries, though for the majority of its history those audiences only included ancient VIPs.
- The production made its Australian debut in 2000 receiving rave reviews from the Australian press and delighting audiences in Sydney and Melbourne.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.