Translation of delight in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (joy) placer (masculine), deleite (masculine) she could not conceal her delight no podía disimular el placer que sentía to take delight in sth disfrutar or gozar* con algo he takes great delight in teasing his sister disfruta or goza enormemente haciendo rabiar a su hermana, se deleita haciendo rabiar a su hermana to my delight, she won ganó, para gran alegría míaExample sentences1.2 countable/numerable (source of joy) placer (masculine) her happiness was a delight to see era un placer or una delicia verla tan feliz, daba gusto verla tan feliz
- He took great delight there to go to the bookbinders' shops and lie gaping on maps.
- He took great delight that she had already started her golf lessons.
- The place was overflowing the girls, squealing in delight, holding cameras and cheering.
- Meanwhile, the city has become a gleaming, shining pretty pearl in a box of pleasures and delights.
- All disciples of cinematic perversion know too well the delights of suffering in the face of intense pleasure.
- Bored of earthly delights, he takes his compulsion for pleasure to the nth degree.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- (make very happy) llenar de alegría; (give pleasure to) deleitar his success delighted them su éxito los llenó de alegría the clown delighted the children el payaso hizo las delicias de or deleitó a los niños music to delight the ear música que es un deleite or placer para el oído
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The 'Audiencia Nacional' is the Spanish high court for crimes affecting the national interest, e.g. drug trafficking, large-scale fraud and certain crimes committed abroad.