Translation of delusion in Spanish:
- 1 countable 1.1 (mistaken idea)(vain hope)she clung to the delusion that …falsa ilusión (feminine)they're laboring under the delusion that they're going to get compensationse aferraba a la vana ilusión de que …se creen que los van a indemnizar (y están en un error)Example sentences1.2 (Psychology)
he suffers from delusions o the delusion that he is Napoleonidea (feminine) delirantehe has delusions of grandeurse cree Napoleóntiene delirios de grandeza
- The rise of psychoanalysis did much to validate the contents of mental symptoms, including delusions.
- In the paranoid form of this disorder, they develop delusions of persecution or personal grandeur.
- LSD can induce a psychotic state with paranoid delusions that can last for months.
- 2 uncountable (act of deluding) [formal]Example sentences
- The rest of us play along, but no one is fooled by this necessary delusion.
- In short, the evidence points more towards hoaxing and delusion than real discovery.
- What is deceit or delusion, and what is genuine in this movement?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.