Translation of delusion in Spanish:
- 1 countable 1.1 (mistaken idea)(vain hope) falsa ilusión (feminine)she clung to the delusion that …se aferraba a la vana ilusión de que …they're laboring under the delusion that they're going to get compensationse creen que los van a indemnizar (y están en un error)Example sentences1.2 (Psychology)
idea (feminine) delirantehe suffers from delusions o the delusion that he is Napoleonse cree Napoleónhe has delusions of grandeurtiene delirios de grandeza
- The rise of psychoanalysis did much to validate the contents of mental symptoms, including delusions.
- In the paranoid form of this disorder, they develop delusions of persecution or personal grandeur.
- LSD can induce a psychotic state with paranoid delusions that can last for months.
- 2 uncountable (act of deluding) [formal]Example sentences
- The rest of us play along, but no one is fooled by this necessary delusion.
- In short, the evidence points more towards hoaxing and delusion than real discovery.
- What is deceit or delusion, and what is genuine in this movement?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.