Translation of demarcate in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- [formal] [frontier/area/limit] demarcar*; [concept] delimitarExample sentences
- The first phase ran from 2000 to 2002 and entailed the establishment and stabilisation of municipalities along newly demarcated boundaries.
- Both countries agreed to hold more talks on demarcating their sea boundaries as early as next month.
- The troops are supposed to monitor the buffer zone while an international boundary commission demarcates the disputed 1 000 km.
- The strength of the working class emerges the more it politically differentiates, separates and demarcates itself from the policies and programs of the bourgeoisie.
- Here we present a noninvasive method for precisely demarcating the hormonally distinct phases of the menstrual cycle.
- Computerized instruments are advertised as tools that break down the barriers separating previously demarcated musical tasks.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to