Translation of demarcation in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable (delimitation) (before noun) demarcation lineExample sentences
- The boundary line of demarcation between the groups was 19 millimeters, or 3/4 inch, with very little overlap.
- Technical experts on the delimitation and demarcation of the maritime boundary between Namibia and Angola finalised the treaty last year.
- Along the police demarcation line at 14th Street, people did their best to get closer to the scene.
- 2 countable (boundary)Example sentences
- Thus, while the perceptual line of distinction remains the same for these commentators, the conceptual demarcations made verbally differ in significant ways.
- He calls instead, in effect, for a return to traditional governance, with its checks and balances and its clear demarcations between officials and politicians.
- Their demarcations have been blurred by our limited perception and our limited knowledge.
- 3 uncountable (British) (in labour relations)delimitación (feminine) de atribucionesExample sentences
- The dispute that aroused the greatest passion, however, was over union demarcation and members.
- Management were concerned with the ‘complete flexibility and mobility’ of labour through a reduction in job demarcation.
- It's no longer acceptable that demarcations and disputes can stand in the way of improvements for patients.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.