Translation of demean in Spanish:
- [formal] to demean oneselfrebajarseI refuse to demean myself by apologizing to him
degradarseme niego a rebajarme a pedirle perdónExample sentences
- But you abused, debased and threatened that woman, threatening her and demeaning her.
- The editor rejects as ‘drivel’ any suggestion that his paper may be demeaning women.
- I wish he would stop demeaning the provincial system in his writings.
- Too many people, though - many of them female - still seem to think that a woman demeans herself when she wears a revealing dress.
- She says ambitious celebrities who appear topless or in bikinis in steamy photo shoots are ‘disgusting’ and are demeaning themselves.
- Neither demeaning themselves to meet low tastes, nor overbearing in their presentation, they fit in perfectly with their requirement as a typical TV presenter.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.