- 1.1 (insane) [person] demente; [screams/mutterings] enloquecido, de demente to become demented enloquecerse*More example sentences1.2 (very worried, irritated) [colloquial/familiar] histérico [familiar/colloquial] she was demented with worry estaba histérica (de preocupación) [familiar/colloquial]
More example sentences
- The diagnosis of an independent depressive disorder becomes difficult in the demented patient.
- High level of disability is associated with major depression, in both demented and nondemented people.
- On the flip side, cognition has improved in demented or impaired people given nutritional support.
- To me, it seemed like demented torture, and not very flattering.
- They fell in the gaily lit hall with a flutter like demented birds attempting flight.
- I probably looked more than a little demented, come to think of it.
Browse other language resources
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...