Translation of demonstrate in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (show) [need/ability/method] demostrar* he demonstrated how to make mayonnaise demostró cómo se hace la mayonesaExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 [Marketing/Márketing] [appliance/product] hacer* una demostración de
- A group has been on a rally to London to demonstrate its feelings and has also spelt out its views to Institute chiefs in a bid to keep tuition fees as low as possible.
- Suddenly Duffy's charges began to demonstrate a bit of pluck.
- She demonstrates her impressive long distance catching here.
- The promoter had even installed a machine and demonstrated how these plates and cups were moulded.
- On the opening day of the exhibition, Pipop will demonstrate his painting skills by creating a painting in public.
- Techniques to minimise stress at work were demonstrated at the campaign.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- 1 [Politics/Política] manifestarse* to demonstrate in support of/against sth/sb manifestarse* en apoyo/en contra de algo/algnExample sentences
- Couldn't the point be made equally effectively by demonstrating in some more public space where private homes and families wouldn't be disrupted?
- Thousands were demonstrating today - I think near the Ministry of Oil (though someone said it was somewhere else).
- Thousands were demonstrating today all over the country.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Defensor del pueblo is an ombudsman nominated by the Spanish Parliament to defend the rights of citizens against government maladministration. If he upholds a complaint he advises the administration on appropriate compensation. This post, under the same name, also exists in some Latin American countries.